Thursday, July 30, 2009

Memory

It's later in the day when you say, "No, I've done nothing today, I haven't done anything."

But you have done so much.

Do you know what Wan-Ah said, when I was complaining to her how quickly my day had ended and how little I felt I had accomplished?

She said, well, first she said, "You gotta, you gotta." I thought she was teasing me, because "You gotta" means "That's all good and well" in my language.

But then, I found out.

What she was trying to say to me was that I shouldn't worry, because it just meant that I had a very bad memory.

A terrible memory, for forgetting all that I had done during the day. "You can't think of anything else but the things you think you haven't finished, all because the things you have done have sadly been erased from your mind. Yes, how sad!"

I don't write in order to remember. I write, so that I can forget. When I am writing, I don't have to feel so bad about my very bad memory erasing everything in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment