Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happiness

I worry. I worry about cell phones overtaking the world.

In my mind, I can imagine a cell phone the size of a person hugging me in my sleep and waking me up in the morning.

In fact, my cell phone already does that. It's just that it hasn't reached the size of a person yet.

But soon enough. Soon, it will.

For one, I worry about cell phones replacing books: paperbacks, notebooks, handbooks.

The new book, as it were, will be able to talk, and on top of that, you will be able to talk into it.

A revolution!

Many years ago, books replaced people. Living people, and the poets and the musicians in them. Silent books replaced the living, beating hearts of singing, dancing people.

O technology, you are like art. You are never happy with yourself.

Just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment