Sunday, July 26, 2009

Liberation

If you know your ship is sinking, why not save it?

If you can't save it, then don't die with the ship. Escape, evacuate.

"In the case of an emergency," the woman was saying, "please don't complain. Be calm. Do not panic."

I will not panic, I will be calm, or try to be. But I will complain.

I will always complain.

"Please," the woman was saying, "you are too young to complain. Wait until you are 40 to start complaining."

Then with a smile, she added, "Until then, just try your best."

But I know better. I know that a little while ago, the woman was saying to a 46 year-old man, "Now, sir, it is too late to complain. You are old enough to know, mature enough to understand. So please, don't complain. STOP."

Then yesterday, the woman was saying (I overheard) to a 40 year-old woman, "Now, ma'am, you should wait a year or two, just a year or two, before you start saying bad things about XYZ. You need slightly more experience, and life experiences, to be able to say such things"

The next moment, the woman, not the 40 year-old but the dictatorial one, was saying to another 40 year-old woman, "Nancy, dear, you've lived enough to know. When you're 40, you'll know better than to complain. You'll know it's better to keep at it, without complaining."

But I will complain, oh yes I will, no matter how old I may be, or how young. I will complain that the ship is sinking. And that it might be too late.

Then, I will make my escape. Everyone, follow me.

If you'd like. It's now, or never.

No comments:

Post a Comment