Friday, November 13, 2009

Thirst

Tanha, thirst.

I search for thirst, even as I constantly look for a sense of fulfillment.

Dukkha, suffering.

I search for suffering, too, but that phase in my life is over, at least for the time being. But then, regardless of what you want, suffering hits, sometimes without warning, or, really, with or without warning. You are powerless as to the timing and the manner of its hitting.

I do not believe thirst necessarily leads to suffering. I don't want to believe. I refuse to believe. Suffering is something that hits all of a sudden, and it's a completely impersonal thing. Like an accident. Thirst has nothing to do with it.

Thirst, it can be painful or enjoyable depending on your belief. If you believe thirst is painful, it will be painful. If not, not.

Suffering is always painful, whatever your belief.

But thirst, it will give life, if you believe it will. If not, it only takes your life away.

No comments:

Post a Comment