Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Q&A

Q: In my head, I kept screaming, "I cannot accept." What couldn't I accept?

A: Ask yourself.

Q: Let me see...the fact that I was screaming, "I cannot accept." That's what I couldn't accept.

A: Then which came first, your screaming or your not being able to accept the screaming?

Q: You are not allowed to ask any questions.

A: Yes, I am.

Q: No, you are not. You only provide the answers. So no questions, please.

A: Fine. I am flipping myself over and also get rid of my midriff. Wait a moment, please.

V: Hello. Now I can ask questions, can't I?

Q: Who are you?

V: Can't you see? I am an upside-down A with no midriff.

Q: What? It's not fair. An A is forever an A.

V: Not true. Sometimes, you've just got to flip yourself over, and change into something else. Not that you become a different person. Indeed, just the opposite. You flip and change so you can hold on to the things that are most important to you. And you never answered my question.

Q: I can't because I'm a Q. Not fair at all, not fair....

A: You know what? I'm going for a swim. When I come back, I expect to meet a Mr. O.

Q: Now you've insulted my tail!

A: Not at all, and you see you can't go on living just asking questions. You know that better than anyone else...splash.

2 comments:

  1. I look in the mirror and have many conversations with my shadows and that's where i keep my questions..in the shadows.
    will those shadows one day creep out of of my sunshine and engulf me and force me to answer questions? perhaps. perhaps,not.

    as i'm writing this,i can see the recent comment of yours on the right,"a persistent frown would give me infinitely more hope than a persistent smile.".....my world views are far simpler than yours so please smile at me often... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big frown! Just kidding. I am smiling at your smiley face :) I liked how you brought up the image of the mirror. Questions and answers certainly mirror each other, infinitely....

    ReplyDelete