Thursday, October 22, 2009

Two Extremes

Whenever I hear someone raving about someone else,

My mind jumps a little, and my eyes, too;

I wonder if the raving person is really telling me the truth

Or scared of seeing the truth, even.

Too many hurried outbursts of praises -

Somehow, they fail to ring true in my ear.

The same goes for the denouncing of someone,

Harsh criticism, and only that.

There, the scapegoat goddess in my mind would lift her head,

Warning me with green-and-red lights,

Telling me to examine the polyhedrons, one side at a time.

Because we are polyhedrons, after all;

Flatness is not a part of this world.

Labels are to be resisted and drawn on -

Don't tear, but draw on top, adding to the complexity.

And extremes just add to the complexity, don't they?

They are no good when they are made to simplify, no good, unfortunately...

No comments:

Post a Comment