Saturday, September 24, 2011

Myopia Alert

Lorraine sang: "Perhaps you will not understand how ponderous my heart gets, and how glazed my eyes, at the thought of my own future, and just thinking about myopia."  But her song went largely unnoticed because of its muddled message.  Lorraine changed her name and was gone.

In another corner of the globe, Terrine said: "Today I received enough myopia on my skin to turn it bright purple."  Her color did not seem to change, but the terribly exhausted tone of her voice made me feel sorry enough to mutter, "Terrine, oh Terrine."  And someone ate Terrine the day after!

Outside the Solar System, myopia had its own kingdom spread over four point three six seven light years.  It had over a million colonies universe-wide.  What if the kingdom itself expanded to more light years?  Horror!  Myopia kills.  And it seemed to be infecting the entire universe.

But perhaps, I was dreaming.  Was I?

No comments:

Post a Comment