Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pigeons

I parted with humbleness a million years ago, when my fifth ancestor was born.  But tomorrow, I shall be reuniting with humbleness.  Will it forgive my very sporadic e-mails and my excuses for not writing?  O humbleness, I have missed you terribly, and yet I cannot believe I have lived for so long away from your side, in corners of the globe that are not particularly humbleness-friendly.   But o Earth, you are not a humble planet, are you?  Your skies are too clear, and your water too good to taste.  Tomorrow,  I shall return to the muddy pool and reunite with humbleness, but I know the muddy pool is only sold on Fifth Avenue, Ginza, and Orchard Road.  (Why, you may ask.  The muddy pool is a luxury!)  I will most likely be too lazy to head out to any of those places, and two of them are beyond my empirical, if not imaginative, reach in any case, at least for the time being.  So is my reunion with humbleness to be postponed to a day after tomorrow, or even later?  Only the pigeon knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment